Wednesday 1 May 2013


Hello and welcome to my first ever blog, which I've been planning for the last year but never managed to find the time to dedicate to it, or the technical know how to get it started....but I'm giving it a  go!
My name is Laura and I am a midwife and mother to 2 gorgeous children; 'R' who we call 'the Berry' .  She's   4 and full of endless energy, we have lots of creative fun together which I'd like to share with you.
Milo is my 7 month old baby who has down syndrome.  He is an amazing little bundle of sunshine but he's had an incredibly difficult start to his life.

During my pregnancy Milo was one of the very fortunate babies to survive a massive 11mm cystic hygroma as well as the early stages of fetal hydrops. Once born he spent the majority of his first 6 months in hospital with heart failure, failure to thrive and then recurrent chest infections/ pneumonia from bronchiolitis and influenza b.  He went on to have a horrific ordeal having his complete AVSD repaired  and overcame many nasty complications.  I have learned so much from him already and I feel he need to share some of my experiences here not only to share how much joy Milo brings to our lives but about the difficulties we have overcome and how we managed it.  Several times over the past year when I've encountered problems I've scoured the internet in an attempt to find someone who has gone through something similar.  Sometimes I was successful but sometimes I wasn't, so I really hope that my experience can help others..

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspirational lady. Milo is such a gorgeous little man and berry is just delicious!
    I wish you all the very best and look forward to reading all about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milo, I remember when we were all so worried about you young man. Can't wait to hear more about you and Berry xxx Lauren and her mum xx

    ReplyDelete